Monday 6 June 2011

Fabric from Melbourne!

I was in Melbourne for the weekend and came home with a little bit of fabric...

One of my favourite places to shop is Clear It on Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Upstairs, there are bolts of fabric on sale - and much of it is from designers such as Alannah Hill!  For instance, several years ago I bought the pink stripey top featured below from an Alannah Hill store.  Then, I found the same fabric on sale for $5/m.   

These are the fabrics I bought on this trip:


The pink and green fabric on the top left are beautiful wools that I want to make into coats (for some little girls) similar to the one I found in a magazine and selling for $120 AUD.   


The top three pink items are all knits and will be used to make some tops.  The hideous ribbon thing on the right (what on earth was Alannah Hill thinking?!?) will be perfect for fairy - or perhaps more appropriately Hawaiian - skirts for the same girls.  I'm sure they will love them - even if their parents won't let them out in public in these skirts....

Clear It also had some fabulous buttons for sale and I couldn't resist getting a selection.


I also managed to get a liberty cotton (from Tessuti Fabrics) and a linen (The Fabric Store).  

I'm looking forward to my next Melbourne visit so that I can add to the fabric stash at home! 

1 comment: