My inspiration were these trousers
I thought that the Art Museum Trousers had many of the features seen on these designer trousers and, after seeing these pants on Flickr, I knew this pattern was good for a girly version. I used a floral cotton sateen fabric I picked up recently on a trip to Tokyo
These pants were fun to make and I was impressed with how easily they came together.
Of course, using really busy fabric like this hides any little imperfections.
I used Liesl's instructions for the zipper fly front. It looks tidy but next time I won't sew quite so close to the zipper teeth on the (wearer's) left side because the zipper pull pokes out just a little at the top. On my RTW trousers the front panel is stitched about halfway between the zipper teeth and the far edge and the zipper pull is well hidden.
And it even looks like I matched the flowers over the fly!
Now, I've just got to decide what to do with the all the other fabrics I bought in Tokyo....